Constantly Evolving Into The Man God Wants Me To Be

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sox and Son

I can't wait to take my son to a ball game at Fenway Park. I wasn't a big fan of baseball coming out of college but I absolutely fell in love with the Red Sox when I moved to Boston. They lost that year in the playoffs to the Yankees (2003) but I remember feeling complete solidarity with the city as The Curse seemed to loom even heavier over the team. It truly seemed that the Red Sox may never get over that hump. I remember the endless conversations in Harvard's Mailroom about the Sox and how some of them felt that the team may never win the big one in their lifetime. Fortunately, the team won the following year and the city went bananas. The Patriots also won that year but the Red Sox win was much much sweeter.

Since the Red Sox won last year, (click to see victory parade) tickets are almost impossible to get. I waited in a virtual chatroom for 10 hrs in hope of some tickets to see a game on my birthday and by the time it was my turn to buy tickets, the only seats left had obstructed views.

Well, I may not get to see another game before I leave Boston, but I will definitely bring Alex to see a game at Fenway in the future. Since he was born in Boston (Cambridge to be exact), I will definitely teach him about Red Sox history and hopefully he'll develop a appreciation for the Sox just like his good' ol dad.

No comments: