Constantly Evolving Into The Man God Wants Me To Be

Friday, June 29, 2007

Baby Names

One of the best parts of being a new parent is choosing a name for your baby. Almost everything about the baby is out of your hands such as gender, IQ, or whether they win a state championship in the 200 meters but the one thing that you can control is the baby's name. Tisha and I usually go back and forth about this, however, we have made a few tentative decisions.

Boys:
Andrew Holden Brooks
(Andrew was one of the first disciples to be called by Jesus and Holden is from "The Catcher in the Rye" which was one of the first book I read at Tatnall. Also J.D. Salinger went to Ursinus College.)

Alexander Grant Brooks

Alexander Drayton Brooks

(Alexander is also a biblical name and one of my favorite boy names of all time)

Girls:
Hannah Marie Brooks
(Hannah is the mother of the Samuel in the Bible and is Tisha's favorite name for a girl. Marie is Tisha's middle name.)

Avery Elizabeth Brooks
(Avery is a beautiful name and is somebody from Tatnall who I saw a few years ago on Nantucket. That was a big moment for me because I soon realized that when people in your pass randomly show up in your life then your on the right path in life. Elizabeth was the mother of John The Baptist.)

1 comment:

aunt tee said...

hey boo,

here's my pic:

boy : andrew scott
girl avery marie