Constantly Evolving Into The Man God Wants Me To Be

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Why Family Is So Important


As Tisha and I move closer to having a little one, my thoughts often turn to my childhood. People always say that you never appreciate your parents until you have a little one and I'm finally starting to see the truth in that statement. Now that I'm on the verge of being a parent, I think about my parents a lot more than usual. I think about the sacrifices that they made and the great values that they installed in me. Even if they never sat me down and gave me a lecture on certain issues, their actions always provided a example of how to be a great couple and ultimately how to be great parents.

However, the man that you see today is not just a product of his parents but a product of his entire extended family. A host of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and in-laws all contributed to the person that I am and the person I want to become. Family like my Aunt Tee, who always cheered the loudest at my football games; Uncle Marshall, who words of wisdom of becoming a man will never be forgotten; Uncle Wayne, who always had my back; and my Grandparents, who can always brighten my dad with a quick visit, all played a major part in shaping me. And I can not forget my cousins. Thanks for always standing up for your shorter nerdy cousin (and I don't mean Clarence III).

This is a special Thank You to all of my family members!

No comments: