Constantly Evolving Into The Man God Wants Me To Be

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

10 years ago

This is going to be one of those years where everything changes. From the birth of Alexander to the pressure of starting my first real job, 2008 is going to bring many new challenges to the Brooks family. Tisha and I have been steadily getting ready for Alex's arrival and we pray everyday that we have a healthy delivery and a healthy boy. This is also my final year in law school so I'm counting down the days until I walk across the stage with a juris doctorate in my hand. 10 years ago, if you asked me where do I see myself in 2008, I probably would have said practicing medicine somewhere. Around this time in 1998, I was a senior at Tatnall and probably gearing up to go to Elon College in North Carolina. It's funny how one year can completely set you on a different course in life. By the end of 1998, I was attending Ursinus College, dating Tisha, taking a class with Rev. Rice, and dreaming of attending Harvard Divinity School before making my way to law school. I look forward whatever surprises are in store for 2008.

No comments: