Constantly Evolving Into The Man God Wants Me To Be

Monday, September 3, 2007

Mr. Heisman

Mr. Heisman and I go back a long way. I first fell in love with the trophy in 7th grade and the love affair continued until I got to graduate school. Up until that point, I knew the history of the trophy and could recite most of the winners as if I was reciting a Shakespeare's sonnet.
I even did my final on Heisman Trophy winners for my computer programming class. The final was to create a program that worked and I wrote a simple "If-then" program that computed the Heisman trophy winners when you typed in a year or visa versa. I got an "A" in the class. That's why I was so surprised when I walked into one of the buildings at BC and saw Doug Flutie's 1984 Heisman sitting right there in the lobby. My heart skipped a beat as I examined the trophy that I dreamed about winning in Jr. High school and High School, but once reality sat in, I realized that I would probably never see one yet alone touch one. However, thanks to BC, another one of my dreams was fulfilled. Once again, I think this is another example of God telling me that I'm on the right track of life.

No comments: